This class is called 3D printing with my teacher Mr. Roachy. In this class we 3D print objects, what I've learned this year is how to use measurements within a app called Openscad. It is valuable for my future because I will be able to measure things online. This project was assigned with a partner. What we had to do is make connectors fit the rods that the teacher provided us. We had to make sure that the connectors where the same exact size as the end of the rods. we would make a top and bottom connector. We had to choose if we wanted a bottom square or a bottom triangle. After we made sure the sizes are the same, the teacher printed out the connectors. What me and my partner had to do is take measurements and then tell roach to print out the connectors. The next step we went through is ask Mr. Roachy to print out the connector. Once the connector was printed out he would hand us the connector and us as partners would connect the rods and would build our tower. One of the Learning outcomes I have mastered is Thinking critically and creatively because me and my partner where creatively about our measurements. Another Learning outcome I have mastered is Representing self, school and community through personal responsibility and global citizenship because I made something that represents my hard work plus my principal took a picture of me and my partner. Overall the the most important things I have learned in this class this year are to stay on Mr. Roach's good side. These skills I have learned in this class will help me in the future by knowing what to do with Openscad.
The design challenge of the Bridge Design Project was to make a bridge that you were able to see the side view, end view, side view, and the the road bed. Before anything we had to draw a blueprint. They had to be constructed with the only supplies given to us by the teacher, 15 pieces of wood and ⅝ oz of wood glue, our blueprint a piece of cardboard, a blade. The sizes had to be no more than the picture listed under. The object of the competition will be to determine and build a bridge that has the greatest strength to hold more bricks. My bridge was a good length & met the requirements. Some of the things that I learned about inin doing this was that blueprints are always very important. If you mess up in a measurement on the blueprint your whole project is messed up. I broke my first bridge so I was required to make a second one for my grade it held 2 bricks in total. The evidence and specific steps I took to meet these goals were using my blueprint, being able to make sure everything is correct. Things I struggled with were gluing my pieces together and cutting them with the blade correctly. My overall experience building and testing a model bridge was really fun because I got to do my own design.